[OSM-talk] Map Co-ordinates for towns, etc in UK

Andy Robinson ajrlists at gmail.com
Fri Feb 24 12:31:31 GMT 2012

If you refer to old OS maps the location of the place name seems most often
to be positioned in relation to certain specific features. Where there is a
parish church they seem to use that, where not its often the post office or
the village pub, if none of these are present then some central other
communal  feature of the hamlet for instance. Of course this could just be a
be cartographic approach taken by the OS.

Cheers
Andy