[OSM-talk] Request for Romano-British features

mick bareman at tpg.com.au
Mon Jan 2 16:12:33 GMT 2012

On Mon, 02 Jan 2012 15:47:15 +0000
Lester Caine <lester at lsces.co.uk> wrote:

> The only question that still has not been addressed is one that covers a lot of
> parallel data. SHOULD it be uploaded to the main database, or should we have a
> working method for linking secondary databases into the rendering process. Which
> to my mind still provides the most logical way forward. But at what point does
> an historic element get degraded to the secondary storage area? Or more
> important ... what classifies historic data as being 'main stream'?

Historic data is 'main stream' when it is still visible in the landscape and becomes secondary when it stops being visible, for example a Tudor Manor House that has been wholly swallowed by a later mansion would be a target for the secondary stream but its Coach House that was remodelled, leaving its Tudor Heritage visible in the facade would remain in the main stream.

MY OPINION FROM A GLANCE AND A GUESS AT THE RULES

mick