[OSM-talk] Request for Romano-British features

Nathan Edgars II neroute2 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 3 15:12:34 GMT 2012

On 1/3/2012 9:54 AM, Richard Welty wrote:
> i advocate a multi-layered, mash-up style approach. the US chapter is
> looking
> at the possibility of setting up something to facilitate our members easily
> experimenting with this sort of thing. when/if it becomes available, i
> plan to
> do some American Civil War mapping projects with it.

For something like this, where there is very limited overlap between
past and present, it makes sense to use a separate database. But in
cases where most of the features still exist, such as railways or Roman
roads, it's silly to duplicate the effort between databases (or somehow
require everyone improving a way in one to upload it to the other and
fix all intersections).