[OSM-talk] OSM Integration and POI and specific project

Graham Jones grahamjones139 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 21:23:26 GMT 2012

Hi,
You can plot POIs stored in a separate file or database using Openlayers:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Openlayers_POI_layer_example.

Or I have an equivalent that uses the Leaflet library instead (
http://brewmap.maps3.org.uk/client/brewmap.html - source at
https://github.com/jones139/BrewMap).

The best way to provide the data will depend on how much data you have to
display - the two examples above are for very modest amounts of data - as
you get more and more you will need a way of providing just the data for
the area of map being displayed.

Regards

Graham.

On 4 January 2012 21:07, Frans Thamura <frans at meruvian.org> wrote:

> hi all
>
> i am working for a website called strainstory.com, a web to collect
> indonesian endangered species, which growing rapidly in indonesia.
>
> and wanna to map the species, biotope, and put as POI in the OSM,
> which right now we use osmosa.net (idea still).
>
> any idea for integration tips?
>
> where should i put the information (right now in strainstory
> database), and how to show in openlayers?
>
> tips welcome

Graham Jones
Hartlepool, UK.