[OSM-talk] Making dealing with license problem objects easier

Ed Avis eda at waniasset.com
Tue Jan 10 18:15:53 GMT 2012

David Earl <david <at> frankieandshadow.com> writes:

>I'm not saying "I could have mapped it", but "I have checked what
>changed and explicitly verified it against independent sources".

So if somebody was tracing from Google Maps, but then you checked from
independent sources and verified the information they added, it's okay to have
that data in OSM?

Likewise, if some map company copied data from OSM into their proprietary map,
but said that they had verified it against independent sources, that would be
okay?

--
Ed Avis <eda at waniasset.com>