[OSM-talk] Dealing with the tainted data

john whelan jwhelan0112 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 10 18:30:35 GMT 2012

May I suggest that the clean way to deal with the data in OSM is to
basically remap the roads using Bing and the JOSM or whatever plugin so the
data is labelled as coming from Bing.  Bing is available and it would give
a much more consistent and accurate map than OSM currently is.

Ideally I'd do it on a new layer so that the older stuff could just be
switched out.

I think the idea of running round with GPSes and using the traces of
dubious accuracy or tracing from satellite images is really a bit dated
these days.

Cheerio John