[OSM-talk] CLEANMAP global version

Simon Poole simon at poole.ch
Wed Jan 11 15:44:23 GMT 2012

A number of you have probably already seen CLEANMAP in its original
incarnation as announced on Christmas. I've now expanded it to cover the
whole planet and have made some further changes (odbl=clean support for
example).

Please read the wiki page http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/CLEANMAP
for details and updates.

The map can be found here http://cleanmap.poole.ch/ , please take into
account that this is a small and slow machine.

Further I've just ran the weekly update for the  statistics on
http://odbl.poole.ch/, over the past week the number of "pre-CT"
mappers* that accepted the CTs grew to an absolute majority.   While
this doesn't have any legal meaning, it is nonetheless a significant signal.

Simon

* this is based on the number of mappers that still hand visible data in
the last full history dump, current numbers would be even a bit better.