[OSM-talk] Request for Romano-British features

Russ Nelson nelson at crynwr.com
Sat Jan 14 18:50:57 GMT 2012

Lester Caine writes:
 > yet there seems to be no way to create secondary databases of
 > information which can be used in parallel but separately hosted.

Yes, we need *more* OpenStreetMaps from which you can fetch different
types of information. For example, any data which is externally
maintained and updated really *shouldn't* be imported into OSM. It
should be made avaialble via an OSM-compatible protocol and data
format, yes. But it shouldn't be editable. Kinda like a
"closedstreetmap.org".

Crynwr supports open source software
521 Pleasant Valley Rd. | +1 315-600-8815
Potsdam, NY 13676-3213  |     Sheepdog