[OSM-talk] Nove podloge

hbogner hbogner at gmail.com
Sun Jan 15 22:26:14 GMT 2012

He forgot the translation :D

New imagery

Hi from croatia mappers!
The U.S. Geological Survey has made public maps of the whole Ex
Yugoslavia under the Public Domain license, which means we can use them
in the Openstreetmap project. List of maps in pdf format here:
https://www.lib.utexas.edu/maps/topo/former_yugoslavia/

Unfortunately, not all maps are scanned, the yellow areas are available:
http://www.lib.utexas.edu/maps/topo/former_yugoslavia/index_map.jpg

Our member dodobas geocoded the maps and we put them on the server
maintained by user hbogner on the Faculty of Geodesy in Zagreb.
We are inviting you to use the imagery to fill the Openstreetmap with as
much usefull data possible!

I suggest you use the tag source=U.S. Defense Mapping Agency for the
elements drawn over these backgrounds so we can easily find what is
drawn with these maps.
How to use them?

In JOSM:
Go to Edit > Preferences... > WMS TMS > + (Plus sign lower right) > TMS
Menu name= USGS osm-hr
TMS URL = http://tms.osm-hr.org/1.0.0/all_ustopo/{zoom}/{x}/{y}.png
Screenshot: http://osm-hr.org/josm.png

In Potlatch: