[OSM-talk] Mixing OSM and FOSM data

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Mon Jan 16 12:03:41 GMT 2012

2012/1/16 Russ Nelson <nelson at crynwr.com>:
> The OSMF seems determined to avoid any edge cases by being very
> conservative. Is that necessary? I'm pretty sure not, but it's what
> we're going to have to live with.

+1

> So, I repeat, the decisions made by
> the OSMF about what will and won't be deleted from the database have
> nothing to do with what the law *actually* requires, and there's no
> reason why they should be discussed in the legal-talk ghetto.

In my perception legal-talk is not meant to be a ghetto but it is an
attempt to sort things thematically to keep talk readable (i.e. reduce
traffic) also for those that don't want to discuss continuously on
legal issues. Please respect that these people exist (numerously), and
discuss license issues in legal talk.

cheers,
Martin