[OSM-talk] Request for Romano-British features

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Mon Jan 16 14:54:13 GMT 2012

2012/1/16 John Sturdy <jcg.sturdy at gmail.com>:
> On Tue, Jan 3, 2012 at 3:12 PM, Nathan Edgars II <neroute2 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Agreed.
>
> As long as the tagging used is such that things that no longer exist
> are not normally rendered (and only show as thin outlines on standard
> editors) I think including historic data shouldn't be a problem.

it still is (or could become) a problem, because you will have it in
the editor. There is a German user who added historic data for a small
area,
have a look at this in your editor:

http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=51.29533&lon=11.46637&zoom=15&layers=B000FTF

> Compared with the amount of modern ("current") data, there's not
> really that much of it, anyway, so its effect on the storage
> requirements is going to be fairly small;

-1, obviously there is (potentially) much more historic features in
almost any area then there is now. Think about cities and demolished
buildings.

cheers,
Martin