[OSM-talk] Request for Romano-British features

Lester Caine lester at lsces.co.uk
Mon Jan 16 15:39:29 GMT 2012

John F. Eldredge wrote:
> It would make sense to have a separate render, and also to have a way to toggle visibility of historical data in the editor.  It would be useful if the state of that toggle was saved, on a per-user basis, from one editing session to the next.

A separate render is not a problem here as in many cases you want to view for a
particular date. The toggle has to be the end_date as adding anything else is
pointless. Even if the data we are discussing is 'archived' to another database,
a 'current' renderer needs to respect, and ignore data via the end_date flag
anyway? Does mapnik currently respect that?

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL