[OSM-talk] Geocaching.com moved to OSM (partly)

Nick Hocking nick.hocking at gmail.com
Thu Jan 19 00:45:55 GMT 2012

Ben wrote

"That's exactly how I ended up here."

Me too! - a fellow cacher told me about OSM and, of course, the cunning
devil
made sure he hadn't mapped my street.

So of course I mapped it, then the neighbourhood, then the town, the
neighbouring,
city, as much of the state as I could and so on.......

I'm sure that if the Google (non sales) people are clever, and I know that
they are,
they would ditch there own map data NOW, replace it with OSM data and then
build as much added value on top of it that they can (before someone else
does).

On that note.  Because Bingmaps are so much more slippy than Googlemaps,
and because they use (ahem) so much better map data, I only now use
googlemaps to get to Google streetview.  Is there an easy way to
get to a Google street view by clicking on a Bingmap???

Nick