[OSM-talk] How I got here - was Geocaching.com moved to OSM (partly)

Nick Hocking nick.hocking at gmail.com
Thu Jan 19 02:59:54 GMT 2012

mick Wrote

"I was pointed here by someone on the Devon list at the rootsweb genealogy "

Hi mick

When I map a country town I am always on the lookout for any cemetery.
I find some very obscure ones and always put them on the map.

What are your feelings about putting individual gravestone info into
OSM such as the persons name and maybe date and grave location
(row, number ???).  It would be good for searching and to get the
same sat nav, that got you to the cemetry, to walk you to the grave
itself.

Does this data belong in OSM or should it be a seperate layer
looked after by Genealogists somewhere else.

PS I bet you didn't know that there were 3 graves on the Narooma Golf
course (closest bit to Montague Island).  I haven't mapped them yet
since I'm not sure about the advisability of getting non golfers
to trundle across the fairways amoungst poolry guided small white
missiles ;-)