[OSM-talk] Spam in user diaries
list at lab.at
Fri Jan 20 10:15:52 GMT 2012
On 20.01.12 10:25, Tom Hughes wrote:
> Sorry, I wasn't trying to be negative, just trying to explain that it was
> nothing to do with the OSM admins as such and it wasn't something we had any
> direct control over.
To get to the root of the problem:
How is the spam happening? I would suspect:
* registration, email validation and diary post within a short timeframe?
* without anything else (especially OSM editing) in between?
Maybe this could be identified by kind of a bonus point system where you
* get some minus points in the first place
* get bonus points by uploading tracks and/or editing OSM
* maybe even get bonus points as time goes by
* and get allowed to post, finally
* or at least prohibit links if you don't have enough points
IMO this doesn't have to be a great obstacle, just prohibit instantaneous diary
posting right after registrating (that's what comment spam is all about, IMHO).
More information about the talk