[OSM-talk] geojson

Nick Whitelegg Nick.Whitelegg at solent.ac.uk
Fri Jan 20 22:33:38 GMT 2012

Look at

http://www.free-map.org.uk/0.6/

This uses Leaflet (leaflet.cloudmade.com) to show the map. Note that the map is actually generated client side (using kothic-js); however it's a simple change to convert to a mapnik raster layer (use an L.TileLayer rather than an L.TileLayer.Kothic; see examples on the webmapping2.xhtml page).

A 'drag end' event is captured; this then then sends an AJAX request to a GeoJSON server. Again see the Leaflet site for explanation of how it works.

Nick