[OSM-talk] Big Blue Something in Colombia

David Groom reviews at pacific-rim.net
Tue Jan 24 12:45:28 GMT 2012

That would be me :)

> Maybe thats why I couldn't find a possibly guilty coastlines at the
> region underwater.
>
>>We need to wait now.
>
> One more¹ reason to reprocess the coastline shapefile.

I've been doing a lot of tidying up coastline data throughout the world in
the last month, and although I'm pretty sure that I have not created any
further errors, some of the areas which needed tidying were quite complex,
and an error or two may have crept in.

I thought I'd wait till the next set of the coastline error checker files
[1] which should be next week, check if there are no major problems, and
then suggest to the sys admins that the coastline shapefiles be updated.

It would be a pity to update the shapefiles now to fix the issue in
Colombia, only for issues to appear elsewhere on the map.

If I had the bandwidth I'd download the planet file and produce the error
checker files myself, but I'm afraid its not really practical for me to do
that.

Regards

David

[1] http://metro.teczno.com/#coastline