[OSM-talk] "proprietary" keys and values, machine readable vs. humans

Pieren pieren3 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 24 14:48:57 GMT 2012

On Tue, Jan 24, 2012 at 12:42 PM, Jonathan Bennett
<openstreetmap at jonno.cix.co.uk> wrote:
> We have (or at least, should have) a simple principle in OSM: Ignore what you don't understand.

I could add another one : "delete what is beyond understanding".
Because your principle is against another one : "verifiability".
Because your principle - if it is tolerated - might end up with
elements tagged with dozen references to external applications and the
readable tags will disappear in the number.

Pieren