[OSM-talk] Critical Mass for license change-over

Nick Hocking nick.hocking at gmail.com
Sat Jan 28 06:49:43 GMT 2012

andrzej wrote

>Nick,

>On 28 January 2012 05:43, Nick Hocking <nick.hocking en gmail.com> wrote:
> NE2/NE3 (Nathan) wrote
>>
>> "This condescending tone isn't useful. We should all care about the
>> entire map, not just our little area."

>So which part of this quote do you not agree with?

It's the hypocrisy of one of the licence change whingers
telling someone like Frederik that he should

"care about the entire map"

This hyprocrisy beggers belief.

For about a year we have been inundated with whinging
about  "you can't change the licence because I don't
agree with the decisions of the licence debate/votes".

Now, when we are finally about to resolve the tainted
data issues, all we see are the licence whingers desperately
wailing "you can't change the licence for 60 or 70 years" (1)
because we may lose some roads and I'm not about to do any hard
work to remap them for the project".

If the licence whingers could put a sock in it, that'd be great.
If they could help with the remapping that would be even better,
but I'm probably hoping for too much there.

(1)  I always exaggerate