[OSM-talk] Critical Mass for license change-over

Lester Caine lester at lsces.co.uk
Sat Jan 28 12:45:47 GMT 2012

Frederik Ramm wrote:

> Personally, I don't believe in audacious goals; but then again I believe that
> one should at least do what is possible to help. If we don't make April 1st then
> we'll want to make May 1st or June 1st, and every minute we spend making
> catalogues of things that "someone should do" and things that "can reasonably be
> expected" is a minute not spent to actually achieve these things.

I think that it IS perfectly reasonable to make the 1st April the cut off date
for 'acceptance' and any account that is not so flagged is then simply switched
to declined if the legal beagles say that we can't simply recycle 'undecided'.
It does at least give us a clean point at which we know that anything left IS
fair game to be remapped. I'm currently holding fire on a number of large chunks
from 80n and sherbourne but they are hiding stuff by Simon Ward who has
declined. I don't get much time to add detail, so I would rather add clean new
stuff than remap what MAY be allowed before 1st April anyway.

Cleaning out the tainted data is something that can then be organised on a
cleaner basis since there is no maybe? It's the current uncertainty which is a
lot more of a pain!

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL