[OSM-talk] Critical Mass for license change-over

Russ Nelson nelson at crynwr.com
Sat Jan 28 16:50:00 GMT 2012

Michael Collinson writes:
 > anon edits              560?467   (may be too high as some previous anon

Why are we defending the copyright of people who are unwilling to fill
in the question mark in their copyright declaration:
"Copyright 200X,?".  The U.S. courts won't defend your copyright if
you don't identify yourself. I expect that courts in most systems of
law won't. Why are we?

I appreciate that people have good and legitimate reasons for editing
anonymously. I hope they can appreciate that they shouldn't, then, be
allowed to retain copyright in those edits.

Crynwr supports open source software
521 Pleasant Valley Rd. | +1 315-600-8815
Potsdam, NY 13676-3213  |     Sheepdog