[OSM-talk] Bridge Height/Headroom

Philip Barnes phil at trigpoint.me.uk
Sun Jan 29 19:27:21 GMT 2012

I am trying to get to grips with various routing bugs that have been
reported local to my area.

I have come across this one, http://www.mapdust.com/detail/152433

The bridge in question is here,
http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=52.67929&lon=-2.83424&zoom=17&layers=M
where the Cambrian Line crosses the A488. I am aware of this bridge,
have driven under it many times and could add a maxheight tag once I
have checked the height.

I suspect the guy continued on the A5 after seeing the warning signs on
the roundabout.

Where this bug concerns me is the routing mode in the bug is described
as 'car', therefore bridge height should never be a concern. I am not
familiar with iPhones or the app concerned, does it have a truck mode or
height mode. Certainly should not be effectively closing roads to cars,
because trucks cannot go that way.

Any advice?

Thanks Phil