[OSM-talk] Current Garmin units with "unlimited" tracklog?

Tapio Sokura oh2kku at iki.fi
Tue Jul 3 03:27:22 BST 2012

Hello,

I'm planning on purchasing a new handheld GPS unit for general purpose
outdoor use as well as OSM mapping. I've previously used a Garmin gpsmap
60csx, in which I really liked the feature that saves raw tracklogs also
to the microsd card in gpx format.

Do any of the newer models support this kind of automatic
raw-tracklog-to-card functionality? The touch screen
Montana/Oregon/Dakota and gpsmap 62/78 series?

I've always liked the Garmin units, but I might be persuaded to buy some
other make. If there are any good candidates..?

   Tapio