[OSM-talk] OSM-based tool to create own maps with points and lines?

Graham Jones grahamjones139 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 8 13:50:26 BST 2012

One of this year's Google Summer of Code students, Sandra Milanovic, is
working on something that sounds close to what you are looking for - see
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Google_Summer_of_Code/2012/OSM_widget_constructor
.

It will give you a URL that you can share with people - something like:
http://bit.ly/OllSx8.

I am sure she would appreciate comments on the user interface and
suggestions for improvements.

Regards

Graham.

On 8 July 2012 13:33, Tobias Knerr <osm at tobias-knerr.de> wrote:

> On 08.07.2012 13:52, Pavel Melnikov wrote:
> > I need a hint to find a web-based service for creating maps (say, travel
> > logs with visited POIs, routes, tracks and whatever or advise someone
> > what route to take to a given destination) which uses osm data as
> > background layer, with the ability to share the map with other people.
>
> "Easymap" (http://osmtools.de/easymap/) can do that, but it outputs html
> files. So you need to upload the result somewhere to share it.
>
> There's also a service related to ESRI's ArcGIS:
> http://www.arcgis.com/home/webmap/viewer.html
> I've not used that one yet, but it might be closer to what you are
> looking for. You can apparently share the maps without hosting them
> yourself. One of the available backgrounds is an OSM Mapnik layer.

Graham Jones
Hartlepool, UK.