[OSM-talk] Redaction underway

Toby Murray toby.murray at gmail.com
Wed Jul 11 17:42:03 BST 2012

On Wed, Jul 11, 2012 at 10:14 AM, Richard Fairhurst
<richard at systemed.net> wrote:
> [posted to talk-ie@, announce@ and talk@; follow-ups to talk@ unless
> Ireland-specific]
>
> Hello all,
>
> The redaction process is now underway with Ireland as planned.
>
> Further updates will be posted to relevant lists as and when each phase
> starts and ends:
> - to talk-ie@ and talk-gb@ when Ireland ends and Great Britain begins
> - to talk-gb@ and talk@ when Great Britain ends and Western Europe/Belarus
> begins
> - to talk@, talk-us@ and talk-ca@ when Belarus ends and North America begins
> - to talk-us@, talk-ca@ and talk-au@ when North America ends and Australia
> begins
> - to talk-au@ and talk@ when Australia ends and the rest of the world begins
> - to talk@ when the rest of the world ends
>
> ...and, of course, if anything interrupts the progress of the redaction more
> than briefly. All updates will be cc:ed to announce at .

I just saw on IRC that the redaction bot seems to have broken minutely
diffs due to a problem in osmosis. I'm sure details will follow at
some point but Grant advised any diff consumers to suspend consumption
for now. There may end up being a short rollback of diffs which would
require a manual adjustment to the sequence number in your osmosis
state file.

Toby