[OSM-talk] WIWOSM is now activated at all Wikipedia languages

Kolossos tim.alder at s2002.tu-chemnitz.de
Tue Jul 17 18:04:35 BST 2012

I activate now WIWOSM[1] on all language versions of Wikipedia that
support the OSM-Gadget[2]. But it's still
beta-status because it's not running on IE (we work on that.).

WIWOSM is a project to highlighting objects that are described in the
article by using the Wikipedia-Tag inside OSM.

It would be nice we you can help to make the Wikipedia-Tags more popular.
We have in the moment 168.000 Wikipedia-tags[3] in OSM but nearly 2 Mio.
coordinates in Wikipedia, so there is a lot of work to do.

Important is that the Wikipedia-Tag contains the language and the
article. Later we can use this connection of both projects also for
other features.

To connect both projects we create two tools:
*Wikipedia-Plugin in JOSM
*http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/JOSM/Plugins/RemoteControl/Add-tags

Greetings Kolossos

[1] http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/WIWOSM