[OSM-talk] Map and Programm for Offline

Silvio Siefke siefke_listen at web.de
Wed Jul 18 21:04:17 BST 2012

On Tue, 17 Jul 2012 13:17:50 -0400
john whelan <jwhelan0112 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Have a look at Maperitive for off line mapping, it can use .pbf files which
> keeps the file size down and you can strip off sources etc with XML and use
> osmconvert with --drop-author but use .osm to .osm then convert to .pbf.
> Routing is more complex and I've love a solution.

I have installed the Program and i load the europe.osm.bz2 map. I open the map
in Maperitive and after few time come the message "The fil coult not be loaded:
Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown." Mean it that 2 GB
Ram not enough? When i unpacked the file is more as 50 gb. Must then load all
countrys seperate?

Regards
Silvio