[OSM-talk] aerialway=station + railway=station?

David Earl david at frankieandshadow.com
Thu Jul 19 19:11:28 BST 2012

Unlikely as it may seem, I also know of such a combination, in Japan,
here http://osm.org/go/7Qymqlx7--  You get out of the train and
more-or-less cross the platform to get into the cable car.

(the railway is actually a rack railway - follow the railway back down
towards Odawara and see the cusps on it - the train comes in one way,
they switch the points and it goes out the other, because there's no
room to turn a corner on the steep mountainside. The cable car goes over
the mountaintop across sulphur-spewing hot springs and comes down to
Lake Hakone in the shadow of the Mt Fuji volcano. There's also an
excellent sculpture park by Chokoku-no-Mori Station. Odawara at the end
of the rack railway is on a main line to Tokyo).

David