[OSM-talk] OT - Unusual Bing imagery

andrzej zaborowski balrogg at gmail.com
Tue Jul 24 00:02:04 BST 2012

On 24 July 2012 00:52, Hendrik Oesterlin <hendrikmail2002 en yahoo.de> wrote:
>> http://greenvilleopenmap.info/Airplane.jpg
>
> If you give the location of this image, it would be possible to look
> for its shadow and calculate an approximate altitude.
>
> The Bing imagerie could be satellite imagerie, not necessarily air
> plane imagerie.

The area in the screenshot seems to have a higher resolution than
satellites can achieve.  Also I've stumbled on big airliners in Yahoo
or Bing satellite imagery before and they look much different (longer
exposition time and the RGB components somehow have an offset because
of the altitude difference, like here:
http://www.streetviewfun.com/2010/airplane-on-satellite-image-2/)

Cheers