[OSM-talk] Very Happy - Looking forward

Graham Stewart graham at dalmuti.net
Tue Jul 24 09:52:51 BST 2012

Vespucci does look interesting.
Does it let you add a way just by walking it? The screenshots
suggest you have to walk it then examine the GPS trace and
manually draw the way in top of it.

Sadly its Android-only - so no good for my iPhone or for
Blackberry and WinMo users.
The iD project looks like a better base because it is being
written in Javascript/HTML5, so potentially could be available on
all smartphones + tablets.

Anyway, just wanted to add that I actually quite like the idea of
Facebook integration. Obviously it's not for everyone and should
be very optional. But it would be a great way to raise interest
and possibly draw in new mappers.

GrahamS

On Tue, Jul 24, 2012, at 08:29 AM, Ian Sergeant wrote:

  On 23 July 2012 18:39, Graham Stewart (GrahamS)
  <[1]graham at dalmuti.net> wrote:

  > How great would it be to add details of a way or feature
  while you are stood
  > right next to it?

  I was doing this today, with Vespucci.

  Ian.