[OSM-talk] Changes in OSM Inspector: WTFE layer gone, new Redaction layer

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Thu Jul 26 10:35:11 BST 2012

Hi,

On 07/23/2012 12:13 PM, Frederik Ramm wrote:
>      OSM Inspector has a new layer that visualizes the work of the
> redaction bot:
>
> http://tools.geofabrik.de/osmi/?view=redactionbot&lon=7.84268&lat=48.78466&zoom=5
>
> It looks similar to the old WTFE layer which is now discontinued, but
> the layers are slightly different:
>
> RED is for stuff deleted by the bot. You will be able to click on
> individual items and see the tags of the deleted object with a big
> WARNING saying that you must not copy that to OSM. Please heed the warning.

Deleted items shown in red will now have a little trash can icon
(illustration: http://www.remote.org/frederik/tmp/osmitrash.png). If you
click that, then the item will be removed from the database.

This is intended for situations in which you either see that the item
has been re-mapped already (and therefore it makes no sense to flag it
on the map), or where you think that whatever is highlighted there is
completely unimportant.

The item should vanish from the map as soon as it is next redrawn (i.e.
because you pan or zoom).

I recognize that this is perhaps not useful for areas with thousands of
red objects, but maybe it is a good tool for people who want to
systematically clean up their area.

Bye
Frederik