[OSM-talk] Zoom 14 gray vs green?

Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr) ldeffenb at homeside.to
Tue Jun 12 19:06:29 BST 2012

On 6/12/2012 1:50 PM, Frank Steggink wrote:
> On 12-6-2012 19:43, Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr) wrote:
>> Ok, I've got zero editing experience, but have been using and
>> exploring OSM for some time now.  Can someone lead me by the nose as
>> to what might be causing zoom level 14 and only 14 to be gray instead
>> of green for the National Park?
>>
>> http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=35.5585&lon=-83.5005&zoom=14&layers=M
>>
>> Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ

> The rendering date of the tiles was April 12. I've requested a
> rerendering of this meta tile by marking it dirty, and now those are
> green again.
> Normally tiles of level 13+ should be rerendered automatically on
> changes. But perhaps this didn't happen, because the area is quite
> large, so the metatile falls entirely within the park. (Not checked
> though.)

Ok, that would explain why the rendering date was current by the time I
tracked down the individual tile file and did the /status check.  I was
headed in to verify that (once I remembered the feature) and was going
to do my own /dirty to see if it would clear up, but you got there
before I did.

Thanks for helping out and I'll see if I can remember to try that next
time before posting here.

Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ

PS.  Yes, the tile is green now for me also!