[OSM-talk] Tag combinations: amenity and highway

Peter Wendorff wendorff at uni-paderborn.de
Thu Jun 14 11:05:26 BST 2012

Hi Stephen.
If the combination amenity=bus_stop, parking=yes really is a
park-and-ride station, you're right. But is that a correct
interpretation for it?
In Germany p+r spaces are signed as such, and I'm not sure wether they
are legally restricted to people who use the bus or train afterwards (if
not stated as such directly, like it's sometimes the case at airports
etc., where you have to put a corresponing parking ticket behind the
front window).

So yes, it's useful to know about the park-and-ride stuff, but
1) I agree with you, that probably parking=yes is not the best way to
tag that, and
2) (the more important question for me as a data consumer in this case),
if that tag combination is correctly interpreted as a P+R facility.

regards
Peter