[OSM-talk] iPhoto for iOS Not Using Google Maps

Maarten Deen mdeen at xs4all.nl
Thu Mar 8 11:13:02 GMT 2012

Oh yes, it's OSM. I've been mapping a lot of forest tracks in my
neighborhood [1] and indicated some tracks that I didn't walk with only
a short stub.
Apple has all these stubs.
It also has all the local names that Google does not have and that are
a combination of dutch AND data, BAG data and local knowledge

Also in a different region [2] Apple has exactly the features I drew
and which are not in Google.

No way that comes from a different source. It is OSM.

The data is quite old though. I would think at least before last
summer.

[1]
http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=51.30845&lon=6.0062&zoom=15&layers=M
[2]