[OSM-talk] mapbook v0.02

Paul Norman penorman at mac.com
Sat Mar 10 05:03:32 GMT 2012

I have completed an overhaul to my mapbook program, making it easier to
extend and adding new features.

This program, available at https://github.com/pnorman/mapbook, will create a
PDF with a title page, an index map showing the coverage of the book and
what page covers what area, then individual map pages, each page having
arrows indicating which page is in which direction. It also includes an
attribution page. An example for Vancouver, BC is available at
http://pnorman.dev.openstreetmap.org/mapbook/vancouver.pdf

Mapbook will work with any mapnik .xml style and can generate
high-resolution maps that print well

Requirements:

Python 2.7
Mapnik2
Cairo

Most osm mapnik styles will also require a postgis database created with
osm2pgsql