[OSM-talk] GSoC 2012 - Regarding CycleStreets Projects

Priyanka priyanka.menghani at gmail.com
Wed Mar 21 15:57:37 GMT 2012

Hi Graham,

Thanks for your mail.

I am interested in the 'CycleStreets 2: Less wiggly routes' project. I
see that the project requires coming up with a reasonable algorithm
that includes the cost of taking a turn, so that the route is less
snaky.

I see that the http://www.cyclestreets.net/developers/projects/ page
reflects that the Routing project would be open-sourced shortly on
GitHub, and can be accessed currently with SVN.

I have several questions, and I would be grateful if someone could answer them:
- Is there a more detailed description of the algorithm being used
currently? Is it similar to the standard Dijkstra's algorithm?

- What should be the essential components of the proposal for this
project, specifically?

- It would be great if I could get SVN access to the source code, so
that I could study it.

Thanks & Regards
Priyanka

On Wed, Mar 21, 2012 at 4:30 AM, Graham Jones <grahamjones139 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
> Please just use this list so that others can share opinions on the project
> too.  So feel free to ask your questions here.
>
> Thanks
>
> Graham
>
> from my phone
>
> On 21 Mar 2012 07:18, "Priyanka" <priyanka.menghani at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I am a prospective GSoC 2012 applicant, and I am interested in
> applying for the CycleStreets projects.
>
> However, on the idea page, I do not find any link to contact the
> mentor(s) for this project. Am I missing something? I would be
> grateful if the information could be shared.
>
> --
> Thanks & Regards
> Priyanka M

Thanks & Regards