[OSM-talk] Database Rebuild scheduled to start on the 27th of March 2012

Simon Poole simon at poole.ch
Thu Mar 22 09:58:34 GMT 2012

We've been through this multiple times, but here we go again:

a) there is no one to one relationship between wiki accounts and osm
accounts

b) the meaning of the PD-checkbox can't be reinterpreted after the fact
(yes it was not a very good idea to make it non-binding, but that is the
way it is)

c) we are providing mechanisms (changeset level overrides, "adoption")
that allow PD data to be carried forward, preferably after consultation
with the mapper in question

Simon