[OSM-talk] automated abbreviation changes?!

Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr) ldeffenb at homeside.to
Fri Mar 23 12:47:29 GMT 2012

IMHO, here in the US we have the USPS which has published standardized
street naming conventions specifically using the abbreviations.  It
would seem to me that these "official" street names are what should
stick and the expansions of them should not be happening.  Not to
mention how much more crowded the map labels would become.

Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ