[OSM-talk] automated abbreviation changes?!

Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr) ldeffenb at homeside.to
Fri Mar 23 15:12:39 GMT 2012

On 3/23/2012 11:00 AM, Kay Drangmeister wrote:
> Lynn wrote:
>> my address is:
>> USPS: 521 Waterman Ln SE
>> Full: 521 Waterman Lane SouthEast
>> But I've never, ever written it in the full form and even the
>> city-supplied street sign shows "Waterman Ln".
> http://www.googlefight.com/index.php?lang=en_GB&word1=%22waterman+ln%22&word2=%22waterman+lane%22
> this looks like it is almost a draw (181:150). So "never ever" seems
> exaggerated. :-)

Nope, note the "I" in that statement.  I have NEVER written it in full
form.  Lane, yes.  SouthEast NEVER.  Consider:

But I'm dropping out of this discussion having learned of the OSM
"standard" and being made re-aware of the difference between the "data"
and a "rendering" of the data.

Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ