[OSM-talk] Introducing our 3D slippy map

Tobias Knerr osm at tobias-knerr.de
Sun Mar 25 12:08:48 BST 2012

Hi all,

visitors of the 3D workshop and the FOSSGIS conference already know our
3D map. Today, we would like to introduce it to a wider audience:

http://maps.osm2world.org/

The map is based on OSM2World, a converter creating three-dimensional
models from OpenStreetMap data. The underlying data tiles are updated
once per day. A more complete overview of the rendering toolchain is
available in the wiki¹. You can also find a list of features we would
like to add to the map. If you know a thing about OpenLayers and JS, we
would be grateful for your help in getting them implemented quickly.

Map coverage is currently limited to the German state of Bavaria. We
plan to migrate to more powerful server hardware in April, enabling us
to render a larger area. If you are experimenting with 3D tagging² and
want to see results in the map today, contact us - we should be able to
add coverage for some small regions outside Bavaria.

Yours,
Tobias and Peda

[1]  http://wiki.osm.org/OSM2World/Maps
[2]  http://wiki.osm.org/Simple_3D_Buildings