[OSM-talk] OS maps circa 1900 wanted, will contribute to scanning cost

Reinder Verlinde zwartgat at mac.com
Thu Mar 29 10:37:20 BST 2012

In article <20120329154907.4718bd61 at cave.bareclan>,
 mick <bareman at tpg.com.au> wrote:

> Does anyone on the list possess the set of Ordinance Survey maps of England,
> Scotland & Wales of about 1900, I'm trying to map the Roman roads described
> by Thomas Codrington in his book "Roman Roads in Britain" published in 1903.
> He makes frequent reference to "the new OS map" in his descriptions.
>
> I'm hoping to find shape files, MapInfo files or scans of the sheets and
> happy to contribute around $AU100 (current exchange rate hovers around ?1.00
> = $AU1.50) to the cost of scanning the set. (I may be able to go higher if
> needed)
>
> If this is off-topic I apologize and
>
> NO I DO NOT PLAN TO ADD THIS HISTORIC CONTENT TO THE MAP I plan to server it
> myself.
>
> mick

Are you aware of <http://www.old-maps.co.uk>? From a quick scan, they
may sell scans of the maps you want ("(c.1854 - c.1949) 1:2,500 (25 inch
to 1 mile) scale pre-war County Series mapping from the Ordnance Survey"
and "(c.1846 - c.1969) 1:10,560 (6 inch to 1 mile) scale pre-war County
Series mapping from the Ordnance Survey.")

Reinder