[OSM-talk] OSM cycle map - ?excessive focus on long-distance routes

Cartinus cartinus at xs4all.nl
Wed May 9 19:25:44 BST 2012

On 05/09/2012 10:54 AM, Richard Mann wrote:
> Obviously, OCM can render what it likes, but I think this neatly
> illustrates that OSM tagging of cycle routes is missing a trick or two.

The first map in your mail is the kind of map civil servants use in
their policy documents. In other words completely useless to anybody in
their daily lives.

OCM shows what's really important:
* The dotted blue lines are all the cycleways.
* The rest of the blue stuff is where people cycle recreationally.

---
m.v.g.,
Cartinus
(Who's living in Utrecht)