[OSM-talk] Edit review: ele=0

SomeoneElse lists at mail.atownsend.org.uk
Sun May 20 02:23:09 BST 2012

Worst Fixer wrote:

> While doing this edit, I also want clean other tag. Also is_in tag was
> parsed into a set of more detailed tags.
>
> I also created overview.html that might help your review.
>
> https://docs.google.com/open?id=0BzI7ljRzQhp4VnFPVkhZa096LWM

What _exactly_ are you actually planning to do?  What are you planning
to change from what, to what, and why?

Your email just says "I'm going to change a bunch of stuff" - it does
not explain what.  "overview.html" in that zip file is just a series of
undocumented HTML tables; it does not describe what you're planning to do.

In the same file "out.osm" is 285Mb of data.  Might I suggest that you
first take a small portion of that (perhaps somewhere that you're
familar with near where you live) and explain _exactly_ what tags on
which nodes, ways and relations you're proposing to change from what to
what, and why?

As an alternative, perhaps you could consider having a read of this page:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Beginners_Guide_1.1

and actually try going out of the house and surveying new stuff, rather
than just tinkering with what other people have added?

Cheers,
Andy