[OSM-talk] OSM : It's a shame !!!

ce-test, qualified testing bv - Gert Gremmen g.gremmen at cetest.nl
Mon May 28 20:42:13 BST 2012

After having been banned from OSM for not signing the CT, my
contributions, that have been well received by the community in the past
have been removed by the april 1st license shift.

The Foundation has called anyone in the community to reduce lost by
remapping the concerned areas.

However,  it was not meant that the data were simply to be copied,
deleted and re-pasted into  the map using a fake account.

This seems to be the case however, where my contributions were
shamelessly copied and pasted back into the map.

Of course I kept a dump from before april 1st where my name is linked to
a number of roads in a specific area showing I denied the CT.

And if I download the same area in OSM of today I find that this area
has NOT been changed for a fraction of an inch.

The old and new area projected on different layers in JOSM fit exactly
on each other, even at the highest magnification available (15 cm = 1
inch on screen)

The user involved is called " It's so funny"   and I believe that fake
account with obfuscated characters was not chosen for nothing, because
it cannot be retrieved in OSM, at least not using JOSM "Show info" , and
osm.org does not provide a contact info (otherwise I would have
contacted this user first).

However, it means that the current copy of the OSM database is not ODBL
compliant anymore because parts of it remain clearly CC-by-SA , and
these areas are plain copies of the work I carried out.

This is sooo low.....     OSM, how low can you get !

Providing all the tools to check for ODBL compatibility and

accepting copy and paste just like that by any stupid looser
contributor.

Why is there no tool for checking on copy paste copyright
infringement...

Because no-one meant to check on that ?

user: cetest

Gert Gremmen

g.gremmen at cetest.nl

www.cetest.nl

Kiotoweg 363

3047 BG Rotterdam

T 31(0)104152426

F 31(0)104154953

 Before printing, think about the environment.