[OSM-talk] Copy-and-paste remapping

Tue May 29 00:33:10 BST 2012

At 2012-05-28 14:17, Frederik Ramm wrote:
>Where cases of copy-and-paste remapping are detected, the changesets in
>question can be added to the list on this wiki page
>
>http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Quick_History_Service/Changeset_Lists#Copy_-_Paste_Remapping
>
>and will then be treated during the relicensing process as "tainted", i.e.
>the data created in these changesets will not be kept.
>
>There are two drawbacks to this:
>
>1. OSM Inspectors's license change view does not take this list into
>account, i.e. the areas thus "remapped" still look clean on OSMI even
>though they will be dropped later.

Wow - that's bad. Is there a reason this can't be implemented quickly?
Doesn't it already have the concept in the positive direction with the
listed "clean" changesets?

Is the functionality the same on the JOSM license plugin?

Looking at the description of the first set and random samples of the next
two, it seems they are all in Europe. Is that correct?

The last three are not linked. Is there a reason for that, or should I fix
it? It might be useful to give at least overall bbox info - I'll work on that.