[OSM-talk] OSM : It's a shame !!!

ce-test, qualified testing bv - Gert Gremmen g.gremmen at cetest.nl
Tue May 29 10:15:09 BST 2012

At the time it was judged to be important to
keep reference to the original and data.
I remember copying lots of old AND tags
onto my created roads.

I think what should be leading here is
the version number, as recorded by the server.

Whatever excuse there may be, including reference to
anonymous lawyers, it's simply
a shame using cut and paste to change ownership
of nodes and ways.
It  was me that basically change the majority of
this area into a nice, well aligned and usable
map from the mess (in terms of layout) we got from AND.

It is up to the new author to use GPS or Bing and
create a new way, using new nodes.
That is the intend of OSM, it has always been that
and it's not because some users are bad/lazy losers that
cheating can be justified.

Regards,

 Gert