[OSM-talk] OSM : It's a shame !!!

Emilie Laffray emilie.laffray at gmail.com
Tue May 29 12:05:23 BST 2012

Hello,

Fine.
So you are saying that the email you sent to Thomas was out of kindness not
out of petty goals? Also you are not answering my points in the first
place. I find you pretty disingenuous at time and while I do respect the
other projects out there, you are not helping them in any way. As I said, I
am fast reaching a point where I am actually reviewing my legal choice to
get the data I contributed to REMOVED from FOSM as a statement and even
considering some lawyer to actually get it done. The only reason why I have
not done so, so far, is not to appear like a complete jerk.
I am actually considering this more and more as it would be the perfect way
to test whether CC-By-SA is indeed capable of protecting facts in the first
place. I can assure you that the likelihood of that is going to be very
slim based in a court in France. This is however something not constructive
in the first place.
More seriously, as I have said, I have no trouble with data being removed
as it is part of the life of such a project and to make sure that we are
clean in terms of "potential" copyrights (I am not convinced that facts can
retain copyrights in the first place on facts, especially after talking to
so many legal people over the past 3 years). I think your point has been
made numerous time and I am pretty convinced it will be honoured.
That said, I will be more than happy to discuss that discussion offline if
you so desire, but I have no intention to continue replying bitterly to all
posts afterwards.

Emilie Laffray