[OSM-talk] Edit review: intermittent waters

Worst Fixer worstfixer at gmail.com
Wed May 30 08:01:32 BST 2012

> Because if people are still editing like this, then I don't see the
> problem that WorstFixer is fixing as actually being fixed. Users of
> the map will still have to deal with both the format that WorstFixer
> doesn't like AND the format he does like. Less of the former and more
> of the latter, but still some of both.

You seem to not understand.
93% of this tags come from imports. Ich think 7% comes from import,
but edited by hand after, so current database not holds imporer user
name.

> Persuade people to map just one way, THEN once they're doing that, go
> back and get rid of the old way.

Sane people use type= for relation types.
They use water= tag to express whether it is lake, pond, river or
stream. Not how often it flows.

That is agreed on wiki. Other ways of tagging not documented on wiki at all.

--
WorstFixer, twitter: http://twitter.com/WorstFixer