[OSM-talk] Old versions of OSM?

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Thu May 31 08:50:15 BST 2012

2012/5/30 Philip Barnes <phil at trigpoint.me.uk>:
> Is it possible to view an older rendering of OSM, such as how an area
> was mapped earlier this year/last year.

If you look at http://planet.osm.org/ there is history data back to
2006, the newer ones for every week. You can download one of these,
cut the area of interest and render this (pretty easy to do). There is
also the full planet file which can in theory be used to get back to
every desired date, but AFAIK there is not yet an easy to use workflow
available to deal with it (looks much more complicated to me). There
is a history splitter tool available from Peter Körner with which you
can cut out parts of the huge history file into more digestable
pieces: https://github.com/MaZderMind/osm-history-splitter

cheers,
Martin