[OSM-talk] Data copied from Google Maps

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Mon Nov 5 20:06:34 GMT 2012

Hi,

On 05.11.2012 17:04, Pieren wrote:
> Since this question is coming back at regular intervals since years,
> did the OSMF take some actions and contact Google to get a definitive
> answer?

Not as far as I know.

> Or should each individual contributor contact again Google as
> in the email's copy I mentionned in a previous post ? Or do you
> consider Ed Parsons reply as insufficient for a legal statement ?

I don't think that a personal message to one individual mapper from
someone, even if in a high position at Google, should be read as Google
allowing every mapper to use their imagery.

Furthermore, the terms of service contain other restrictions besides the
one about bulk feeds, e.g. an attribution requirement.

Bye
Frederik